WHAT TIME IS IT?

About Me

My photo
Hometown: Detroit, MI;, Current Location: Seoul, South Korea
Welcome to my blog. I hope to share my experiences as an American living overseas in Seoul, South Korea. It promises to be filled with surprising adventures. Please feel free to comment, ask questions & sign my guestbook. I hope that you will come back often to see what my crusade to the East brings.

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

SeOUL Searching


Why must one travel so far away from home to feel this way? What way you ask?

Kind of invigorated...perhaps even free. I have not yet been able to put my finger on it....the actual reason escapes my grasp. But whatever it is, it is very liberating...even kind of surreal. Coming to Seoul has given me the opportunity to get my mind together. To find some solice...To put things in perspective. Now don't get me wrong, I have not ascertained the true meaning of life or anything that deep. Nor have I decided to make Seoul my new home. I am just feeling myself over here, & I like what I feel.

Self photography
(It's really Spring in Seoul!)

While at home in Detroit, I feel like I have many responsibilities, with my family, & friends. Don't get it twisted, I wouldn't take anything for these special folks that I love very much. But the situation I am currently in feels kind of liberating. Being far, far away is kind of nice. Imagine living a life where you don't have ANYONE depending on you...it's cool if only for a little while.

It may sound kind of selfish, but it is the real deal. Therefore, I just have to take a moment & thank God above for the many blessings he has bestowed upon me. 'Cause right now, I am basking in his glory!

Thank You Lord!
K

Keena in front of the Pacific Ocean

Keena at Gyeongbok Palace [Seoul, S Korea]

1 comment:

algol said...

you're beautiful