WHAT TIME IS IT?

About Me

My photo
Hometown: Detroit, MI;, Current Location: Seoul, South Korea
Welcome to my blog. I hope to share my experiences as an American living overseas in Seoul, South Korea. It promises to be filled with surprising adventures. Please feel free to comment, ask questions & sign my guestbook. I hope that you will come back often to see what my crusade to the East brings.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Kickin it with Old Friends....

It's kind of funny how when you are at home, it can be so difficult to make the simplest things happen. Once you get in a rut, it is really hard to get out of it. Like getting together with old friends or taking the time to get to meet new friends. Many of my friends out there reading this very blog, I have been planning to 'do lunch' for many months, but somehow have been unable to make it happen. So someone tell me, WHY oh WHY have I been able to achieve some of the very things I just mentioned here in Korea?
Many of you know that for the past three years I have owned and operated a plus sized womans clothing boutique, DANNI ROCHE (until recently actually) in Detroit. In my entreprenuerial endeavors, I have had the pleasure of meeting lots of talented and up & coming people in the fashion world. One such young lady is Dahnyelle Curtis (y'all better remember her name). She has done some stuff for Danni Roche in the past & is very talented!
But let me tell you the story of how we ended up hangin out in Seoul... I was sending out a mass email to my address book telling all my friends and family to stay tuned in to my blog. I hadn't talked to Dahnyelle in about 6 months (maybe longer actually). She got my email & quickly responded letting me know that she would be in Korea for a few days on business. Currently Dahnyelle works as the head designer for Al Wissam Designs, an urban apparel brand. I quickly called her back & gave her my contact information so that we could at least do dinner when she arrived. Somehow or another, her trip got delayed & her Skype phone couldn't work cause of the broken internet connection in her hotel room. So, oh well, sometimes you can't link up with folks, right?...wrong!

As I was walking through Itaewon on one Sunday after church, quite distracted by a text message I was trying to send one of my friends back home [Dante], I thought I heard someone call my name. Now that was strange, cause no one knew me in Korea, not yet anyway! I looked up & it was Dahnyelle walking up the street. Can you imagine that? Due to our busy schedules in Detroit we had been unable to link up recently, but here in Seoul, S Korea we run into each other walking down the street....talk about coincidences!

Now this was a very welcomed visit for me 'cause I had only been here a week myself. Dahnyelle coming here gave me someone to venture out in the city with. We promptly caught up, laughed & talked, ate & shopped, and just had a good ole time! Before we knew it, it was time for her to leave Korea and head for China and India respectively.

Thanks Dahnyelle for helping to make my transistion here THAT much easier. It was a blast kicking it here Korea!

Stay tuned to here about my new friends.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are getting by. LOL Have fun along the way. We'll try to keep the train on the tracks while you are away.
TTYL, Art.