WHAT TIME IS IT?

About Me

My photo
Hometown: Detroit, MI;, Current Location: Seoul, South Korea
Welcome to my blog. I hope to share my experiences as an American living overseas in Seoul, South Korea. It promises to be filled with surprising adventures. Please feel free to comment, ask questions & sign my guestbook. I hope that you will come back often to see what my crusade to the East brings.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Wedding Belles

Okay guys & girls, I have a lil announcement to make:
"MY COUSIN's getting Married" I know this lil announcement really doesn't have anything to do with my voyage to Korea. But since this blog is about my life...while I'm in Korea, this is what is going on in my world. Therefore, I must take the time to congratulate my cousin & her beau on their recent engagement!!! CONGRATULATIONS NATALIE & OMAR I recently had an opportunity to speak to the blushing bride and will retell her account of "How He Popped the Question"
"I actually had no idea he was going to propose," said Natalie Beaman, recently engaged this past weekend to her longtime boyfriend, Omar Hall. The two decided to take a little get-a-way for the weekend to the Windy City, the place where they first met over 5 years ago. It was his idea, but he left all the planning to Natalie. So the weekend started with massages and dinner on Friday evening. While returning to their hotel that evening they noticed the horse drawn carriages & the two decided that a little romantic ride would help complete their "perfect weekend" together. Therefore, after a nice dinner on Saturday night, the concierge arranged a carriage ride from the restaurant back to the hotel.
While riding down Lake Shore Drive, (off Lake Michigan) they talked about the wonderful time that they were having this particular weekend. Everything aligned to make this a very romantic moment, the beautiful Chicago city sklyine, the ambience at the restaurant, the stars, sounds & lights of the city. Omar remarked again how this had been just the "perfect weekend." As they gazed into the sky, Omar asked Natalie,

"You know what would make this weekend perfect?" She remarked, but was somehow distracted while trying to respond due to the sudden movement in the carriage. As she tried to figure out what was going on, she turned to see Omar on one knee,

"You know what would make this weekend perfect?" he asked again, "Well this would make it perfect...." as he pulled out the ring, "Would you marry me?" Natalie screamed, and as they say....the rest is history! Congratulations to the happy couple!

In True Jet Magazine fashion:

The groom-to-be is an engineer & graduate of the University of Michigan (GO BLUE!!!). The bride-to-be, is a Clark Atlanta University alum who is currently a sales mgr for Phillip Morris Industries.

No comments: